Resources for a Room Parent
Role of a Room Parent
Main goal of a room parent is to assist your teacher. As a room parent, you are an important liaison to the classroom families. Room parents help coordinate parties, organize volunteers for classroom and school events, and also pass along classroom, school and PTO information to the class.
Things to do as Room Parent
- Set up a meeting with your teacher to determine their needs and your role for their classroom.
- Make a class roster to share with the class.
- Send an introduction letter to families and also request class fund donations (after membership drive is over).
- Manage the class funds based on a set budget $35/student. Except 5th & 6th grade which will collect $40/student, to help fund Colonial & Greek Day.
- Middle school grades work as teams to plan parties and collect funds.
- Throughout the year, attend PTO meetings, room parent meetings and pass along information to your classroom families.
- Help coordinate field trips, grade level celebrations, and other functions.
- Meet other parents in your grade level and have fun being involved in your child’s classroom!